Rene,

Congratulations on the first ride!

Bill McReady of Santana tandems is a promoter of what he calls "the proper
method" for starting and stopping. I can't find a link on their website to
his now old original article, but did find a short Youtube video of a
couple demonstrating the method.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm4Hf4izxtw

I find it really works to make things smooth -- that plus communication to
your stoker of bumps, etc. as much as possible.

You might want to take it out for a few short rides on your own w/o a
stoker just to get the feel for the long bike in turns, stopping, etc.

As far as your disk mount goes, I'm not sure I follow. On my setup the
brake caliper is attached to an mount/adaptor, which is attached to the
frame bosses. The mount/adaptor has a fair amount of side to side
adjustment possible so a parallel setup of the caliper is fairly easy. Does
your setup not have that adjustability?

As far as the tire pressure goes, what is the recommended max on the
Switchback Hills? We ride Hetres on our Bilenky -- usually at 50 +/- psi,
even loaded and pulling a trailer I do not go over 60 psi, and we're (at
least me) not a small team. On the HHH I'm running Maxxis Re-Fuse at about
45 psi so far, although they're a bit wider than the Switchback Hills.

Julian Westerhout
Bloomington, IL