After working plenty with 10-speed systems, I've been moving more toward
friction shifting and 9- or 8-speed systems. Having said that, I set up a
flawless 11-speed transmission with the following:

- Shimano 11-speed 105 brifters
- White Industries 46-30 VBC road crank (also have 42-26 rings, but not the
proprietary tool to swap the rings)
- Shimano 11-speed M8000 rear mech
- Shimano CX70 front mech
- Shimano 11-40 rear cassette.
- Wolf Tooth tanpan cable pull converter

The system shifts perfectly and gives me 20-114 gear inches, I believe.

Jay