I have a set of Almotion 700 x 50s. They are good tires and I intended to tour
with them, but if you're sensitive to ride quality, then there's no comparison.
The Compass tires soak up road imperfections in a way that the Almotions
cannot. Some people care about this, but others simply don't feel it or care
about it in the same way. I'm tall and heavy and I notice it, so the extra cost
and the greater potential for damage to the tire is worth it to me.

Jay