I am a fan of Surlys and have owned several. The flat top tubes and short head
tubes, however, always made it a challenge to get the bars where I wanted them.
I love the long head tubes and quick up-down adjustment of the quill stems on
the Rivendells. The Appaloosa fits me well and I'm confident that the Sam will
exactly what I'm looking for in a "fast" bike. In my effiorts to get the fit of
the Joe just right, I acquired a couple of extra stems and bars (including an
Albatross), so I'll have options to work with when the frame gets here.

Jay