One of the reasons it took me three weeks to write my report is that there was
just so much good to talk about that I couldn't get started. And I still feel
like I barely scratched the surface in telling how great everyone there is and
how welcome they make you feel. The visit was part of a 5+ week adventure that
I embarked upon that included some bike touring, then some national park visits
and ended with some Dead and Company concerts (which is how I ended up in the
Bay Area). It also included a ride the previous Sunday with the infamous
Patrick Moore in ABQ. He posted about the ride the same day, I believe. It, too
was a great experience. We met for a beer and dinner on Saturday night and then
rode the wonderful bike path on Sunday. Patrick is a great host, and told me
the story of how he had to convince Grant to build the custom that he wanted in
1994 (hope I got the year right, Patrick). And he has some nice bikes!