If you've timed yourself under similar wind/fitness conditions, and the
Atlantis is measurably (as opposed to psychosomatically) slower, I don't
think switching out the RTP (except maybe for the EL version) will alter
that outcome in any measurable sense worth the effort/expense. But if you
have some free bike money after your sales, why not try the next size down?
It will almost certainly feel different, since you will be running higher
pressure/lower volume. To some extent, we've been trained to interpret road
vibrations and buzz as speed, and you may feel that a bit more on some
"skinnier" rubber, and that could be just what the doctor ordered!;^)