Well, I should have gone with the Rivenbell from the bell. I got their
hammer strike
bell, https://www.rivbike.com/products/hammer-strike-bell-brass, and this
is a wonderfully deeper tone that nearly everyone but the deaf hear, even
with wind, birds, conversation, and traffic in various combination.

Usually one dig does it. First time on the MUP trail, I test rang it as it
parallels the highway. DIIIIING! I rounded the top of the hill and dropped
down to the horse barn to see a man smiling and waving and standing to the
side of the trail. Wow. This beastie works! Didn't even know the lad was
there.

My own experience places the Rivenbell as much ahead of the SpurCycle bell
as the SpurCycle bell is ahead of the other bells. Both are friendly, but
the Rivenbell's deeper, louder tone gets heard and that makes all the
difference.

With abandon,
Patrick