Grant, from the interview:

"Also, there’s another steering/bike handling parameter that probably
matters more, although it’s far less well-known than trail is. Everybody at
Rivendell knows what it is, we have a name for it, and all of our bikes are
designed with it in mind. That’s true whether it’s me designing a new
model, or Will or Roman or Mark working on a limited-run Rosco Bubbe.
Everybody here knows, but I’m not going to say what it is, because it’s
another can of worms, and it’ll attract the meanest mathematicians and
physicists on the internet. Why do that?"

What does everybody think he^s talking about here? I think he's referring
to where the rider's center of gravity sits between the hubs, ie "chainstay
length".