Decided on a 59cm Clem Smith, Jr L. I love the ride of the Appaloosa and am
sold on the long-long chainstays.

This bike will remain permanently on the island, will be geared low, and will
be a utility bike. The ride to the village on the island is about 2 miles, all
uphill, and I intend to use the bike for every possible grocery trip, jaunt to
the various beaches, and just bimbling around on any number of short rides. It
will be fully racked and basketed.

The Ferry to the "big island" is about 1.5 miles away, and on the other side is
a big shopping centre, so the bike will go back and forth for that. My parents
live about 5 miles up the road on the other side of that ferry ride, as well,
so I will use the bike to "commute" to them.

In the summers I'll take my Sam to the island for the regular bike club rides.

Really looking forward to this bike.

Jay