I get a six week sabbatical from work from late August to early October.  I
had a bike tour plan, but it was going to be solo, so my family nixed that.
 My wife and kids are all quite busy, and I'm trying to really savor where
I live and the blessings I have, so I'm doing a six week stay-cation.  The
two main activities will be riding a bunch and handyman projects.  I'm a
numbers guy and I like measurable goals.  I'm also really happy with my
fleet and how every bike in my fleet is dialed.  One of the reasons I keep
the entire fleet dialed is for 'wear-leveling'.  I use them all so each of
them lasts a REALLY long time.  So, the measurable goal I've set for myself
is to ride 200 miles on each of 10 different bikes during the 92 days of
August+September+October 2017.  I started out with my oldest bike: my
late-father's 1973 Windsor Carrera Sport, which I restored shortly after
his passing.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-sL8DjZtMHuo/WYTMMgcY8KI/AAAAAAAADeA/ceN91X7dBk0WUf9ScxARSLzypnQmkP0pgCLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_2002.JPG>

Riv content:  Albatross bars, Wald Basket, Sackville Shopsack Medium,
Saddle triangle, Sneaker pedals, Sugino XD2 crankset, Newbaums tape, Atus
Rear Der, Twin Hollow rims, Nitto bag protector, Hammer bell, hub shiners.
 On this bike I'm doing simple bike/Bart commuting to my office, but I take
'the long way'.  Instead of 2-3 mile legs between home-Bart or office-Bart,
I'm taking 6-7 mile legs, which gets you up to 25-30 miles per day on a
work day.  I'm about 80 miles into my 200 mile goal for bike #1.

Today I did my first 'long ride' on Bike #2, my most contemporary bike,
which I call my Niner-Seven-Fiver.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-GiUAo8xaDuQ/WYTNKANMHLI/AAAAAAAADeE/HsU9-lQiQ4USt4rH4-6nRZFL5w5BxmZfACLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_2008.JPG>

Riv content:  hoo-boy, not much....Newbaums tape, Edelux Lamp, reflective
triangle, King cages, Water Bottles designed for Lucky Duck Bike Cafe by
Sean Hipkin, Dutch taillight.  That ride featured some solid underbiking to
get around this road closure on local trails.  The ride is ~40 miles with
~3000ft of climbing through the East Bay Hills.

The challenge will feature four Rivendells:  R05C0 8U883 road, Rosco Medium
Mountain Mixte, Sam Hillborne, and HubbuHubbuH.  The plan only includes one
REALLY long ride, and that's the San Francisco Randonneurs Marin Mountains
200k in the middle of October.  Only if I'm on-schedule or ahead of it will
I be ready for a 130 mile ride, 25% off road, with 13,000 feet of climbing.

I will post progress from time to time.  I'm posting photos on Instagram
just about every day, so the kids on my mountain bike team can keep up.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, Ca