I called, and so far two folks have agreed a 59 would work, but it probably
would have the seat pretty much all the way down. It's a bummer that I'd
have to spring for the wheels for the 52, but it's not such a big deal.
It's more important that it fits!

Anyway, how do you measure effective top tube length? Is it center of the
seat post to the center of the head tube?