Dave: why don't you like threadless headsets? Note: not disagreeing, just
curious.

Me, I've long since dialed in my bar height, so I rather like the
threadless system, though I have to admit that nice looking threadless
stems are few and far between. But the Weigle randonneur that came 2nd in
the recent BQ trials does threadless very nicely, I think.

As to tigging, I rather prefer lugs or brass welding -- aka fillet brazing
-- myself. Chauncey used "bilaminate" construction on some of the
Matthews's joints, the rest fillet brazing -- rather neat, I think, though
for me, the fit and ride and feel are far, far more important than the
method of joining the tubes. Still and all, most tigging I've seen doesn't
look as finished -- though there was one huge exception: a custom 650C
("see") racing bike by Kellog that a woman brought into a bike shop 20+
years ago. The beads were so prettily laid down and filed that I swore to
myself that the frame was fillet brazed, even though tubes and joints were
that grey titanium color. Just beautiful.

On Sun, Aug 6, 2017 at 1:34 PM, 'Dave Small' via RBW Owners Bunch <
rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> I wasn't much interested in the Roadini until I saw the presale
> announcement last week, with the pics and the description, and my interest
> grew.  I was really close to sending my payment---in fact, was merely
> debating which color to get---but since then my interest has waned because
> I don't know that I can get past the TIG welds.  I understand the reasoning
> behind them, and I acknowledge that it makes no difference to the ride
> quality, the longevity, or anything thing else that matters objectively,
> but still....  I vowed a few years ago that I wouldn't buy a bike that had
> a threadless headset (for rational reasons) or that was TIG-welded (for
> emotional reasons), and while the Roadini caused me to reconsider
> that---the model ticks ALL of my other boxes---I fear that the welds will
> always truncate my love.
>
> I wish the model was in the Sam/Joe/Cheviot class; made in Taiwan with
> lugs, so it's much less expensive than the Waterford-made models but more
> than the TIG-welded models.  I'd be the first in line for that one.
>
> Dave

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten
*Interested in trading resume, LinkedIn, and other writing work for
professional (professional) help with marketing and growing my resumes,
etc. business. Respondents should have considerable experience in helping
small, online businesses grow. Please contact me at
patrickmo...@resumespecialties.com <patrickmo...@resumespecialties.com>.
Thanks.*