I've been using a cheapo tool to cut cables and housing forever, but it's
always a clunky process that results in frayed cables and/or frustration. I
hate cutting housing so much that I just left my housing way too long when I
recently changed my shifters.

Just did a quick search to see what's out there and it looks like $20-40 bucks
for something specific to bikes for cutting cable/housing. Does anyone have
experiences they'd like to share? Do I want a bike specific cable cutter or can
I get a generic hardware store version? Is it worth it to spend the extra few
$$ on this tool or do they all work the same?

If Riv sold one, I'd just buy that version.

Thanks!
Tim
Portland, OR