I've had the Park for ages, and my recent Pedro's kit purchase has a cutter.
Bike shops use separate tools for housing and inner wire, but I use one cutter
for both. The trick when cutting housing is to put a piece of scrap wire in the
end to keep the hole round and cut. Then grab a flat file to smooth it out a
bit. An added benefit on the Park tool is it has a squisher for
shifter/brake-wire end caps.

Spend the money, get the tool. You'll be shocked at how much of a difference it
makes.