Clayton: can you recommend a pair of dikes? I've always used Park
housing/cable cutters (it's a combined tool, meant to cut both) to cut
standard housing, and while it does alright, I always have to finish the
housing with a file or grinder. Will the dikes cut housing more cleanly?

I will have to try your progressive method of cutting, though.

I suppose I can always just use a Dremel, as someone else said he does.

Next question: what do y'all use to crimp cable ends on the ends of cables?
The little notch in my (other) Park cable-only cutter squishes them too
much, but I fear that needle nosed pliers won't crimp them hard enough.
(BTW, I prefer using the smallest possible crimps, such as derailleur cable
crimps on road brake cable -- less distortion of crimp which = ugly. I must
try heat shrink tubing, as I've got a lot of linear inches of the skinny
stuff, somehow, which I don't have other use for.

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 8:24 AM, 'Clayton' via RBW Owners Bunch <
rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> I never use housing cutters to cut cables.  Housing cutters are made to
>> cut SIS housing only.  I use a decent quality one I bought at a bike shop.
>> For brake housing, I use diagonal cutters (dikes, side cutter). I take the
>> diagonal cutters and make little cuts all the way around the cable cutting
>> the plastic covering only, but chomping hard enough that when one edge gets
>> to the edge of in the wound housing, I can feel it.  At that point I close
>> the cutters so it splits open the crack and cuts it. No crushing. A few
>> swipes with a file and an 'ice pick' to open the lining hole and it's good.
>> Sharp Dikes cut the inner cables the best.
>>

> Clay

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten
*Interested in trading resume, LinkedIn, and other writing work for
professional (professional) help with marketing and growing my resumes,
etc. business. Respondents should have considerable experience in helping
small, online businesses grow. Please contact me at
patrickmo...@resumespecialties.com <patrickmo...@resumespecialties.com>.
Thanks.*