Glad to see the Hillborne is still an important part of your collection, Bill.
I remember that you were considering selling it last year.  I have the same
model and size and your builds have informed and inspired my own.  Now I better
understand why I liked the Hillborne so much better than my previous road
bikes. Thanks for that explanation and thanks for the Steilacoom review.  I've
been wondering about those.  I've been riding Smart Sams on mine and get a
little timid on road descents (compared to when I'm riding on the Barlow Pass
ELS you recommended).  Jan's description of the Steilacoom sounded ideal.
Would love to hear more of your insights as you get more mileage on them.

Good luck with the remainder of your stay-cation.

John