Yes, Steve, I am having a great deal of fun.  It is only pointless to the
extent that this particular structure of 200 miles on each of 10 bikes is
totally arbitrary.  The fact that this arbitrary structure leads me to get
on my bike more more often is not pointless.  This morning, I finished
making my daughter breakfast, and I knew I wanted to get 25 to 30 miles in,
and I said to myself "I need more coffee, and Ely is having a show at Lucky
Duck".  I jumped on my bike and essentially ran an errand and paid a social
visit and rode my bike 26 miles in civilian dress.  Without the arbitrary
structure of a pointless challenge, I might have driven to get coffee and
very likely would have skipped going to downtown Oakland.

BL in EC