I think that my briefly- (18 months?) owned Sam was, like yours, a stt with
cantis, and a 59 cm tt. I wish I'd played around more with the stem length
and the bar position before selling it -- though there were other reasons
why I sold it, too, besides my gripe with the tt. But if I'd thought more
hard about sta icw ttl (figger it out), and if I had kept it long enough
for the Snoqualimie Passes to appear --- why, I might just have had me a
very wonderful allroad bike!

Not that I regret giving mine up for, eventually, the Matthews, since the
Matthews takes the fatter tires -- 50 mm + -- with fenders, that I really
do like for our bosque sand. But still, a Sam with Snoqalmie Pass tires
might be even better than an All Rounder with Rat Trap Passes.