I always liked traditional wired or wireless computers because they rarely
died and provided all I really need to know; distance, time of day, average
speed and the all important odometer.

HOWEVER, I regularly ride 4 bikes and one tandem, some with alternating
sets of tires that all require unique calibration settings.

After 20 years of endless calibration each time I changed tires or the
batteries died, I had it and bought a Garmin Edge 200. It's no longer made
but similar models are a relatively affordable way to tally mileage from
multiple bikes without fuss. When I mountain bike, I occasionally scrap a
day's log because the tree canopy interrupts the GPS signal but other than
that, for 4 years, it's been an otherwise champion of reliability for the
price paid.

I personally can't stomach anything much above a hundred dollars for
computing a bike ride. But I understand the desire for cutting edge
technology including Wahoo models that display texts. Once a year that
would be helpful... : )

Sean in Eden Prairie, MN