I am looking to get fenders for my Sam. I am running 650bx42 Gran Bois
tires.

I am partial to the hammered Honjo's 650bx58 but have a hard time imagining
they will fit the modern Sam (with the long-reach caliper brakes instead of
the trusty ol' canti's). Has anyone managed to fit the Honjo 650bx58?

Alternatively, I think the VO Zeppelin 52mm Fenders 650b will work. Has
anyone tried it successfully on the modern Sam?

Thanks for your help on this!
R.J.