Well, that's better than actually riding on the beach, but a fender and
flap is not going to help much since the sand will blow onto the drive
train.  A fender and flap will cut down on spray, but not so much flying
sand.  You could try a dry wax lube and regular brushing of the chain and
cassette.  I'm more concerned with keeping the rust at bay.