+1 for the thin gripsters.  I really like them.  Only one or two pedal
strikes in deep turns or on a rutted trail.  No problems with very little
maintenance (maybe none).  Initially I thought the spikes were too "spikey"
but got used to it quickly and now really like them.  I almost bought some
Blue Lug "Panda Pedals" but then decided it was a want, not a need
(https://store.bluelug.com/blue-lug-panda-pedal-foot.html).  I also had the
Grip King sneaker pedals and liked them, too.

https://www.rivbike.com/collections/pedals/products/pedal-spikes-32?variant=23336517569)

I was going to add some of these spikes Riv sells but sold that bike before
I got around to it.

John