Someday, I hope to hear Grant's thoughts regarding handlebar height and
trail, alluded to in that article.

*Most of our bikes have trail numbers in the high 50s to low 60s. Combined
with a high handlebar---which I think affects steering a lot, but I'm not
going into that here---the result are bikes that, for better or worse, but
I hope better, ride just the way I want 'em too.*

Handlebar height is probably the most important bike 'measurement' (read:
high enough) for me. I can make some guesses about high handlebars send
weight distribution rearward, and that combined with the "quicker" steering
of a low trail fork, might lead to a "vague" handling sensation. But it's
just guessing on my part.