From: Bill in Roswell GA
Sent: Sep 14, 2017 1:18 PM
To: RBW Owners Bunch
Subject: [RBW] Re: Bar Tape Blues

This link should work
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwWEjg3VXSrXZzEyRVhHTmN4TlE/view?usp=sharing

On Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 3:29:17 PM UTC-4, Bill in Roswell GA wrote:
The new-to-me orange Rambouillet is just about finished, except for bar tape. The bike came with Trek blue tape, darkened from age. On a graphic arts color wheel, blue is a complimentary color for orange, so figured I would stick with blue.

I wanted a really dark navy blue color, but such a color is surprisingly hard to find! As quality of photos and computer monitors vary, the only real way to find it was to buy or trade for some different shades of blue. Most blue bar tape is a bright, sky blue.

Cinelli Denim Blue is pretty good, not really navy blue, but darker than sky blue. Bike Ribbon offers a Dark Blue that isn't too far from Navy, though with a lot of gray in it.

I'm using Neubaums Cloth Tape in Dark Blue as finishing tape. The shade is a bit different but that is fine if not preferred for finishing tape.

Comparing the colors for reference, I took some photos outdoors on a cloudy day. The colors on my computer are quite close to the real thing. Photo posted in a shared folder. Let me know if you can't see it!

Cheers,
Bill in Roswell, GA

cross post iBob/RBW