SKS has been my fender of choice - I've had a good experience with the
hardware and they've served me well, though I bought the PB ALX fenders for
my All-City Space Horse Disc and I'm liking them. They have what feels like
a slight inner rolled lip - at least there's a slight raised surface at the
inner edge of the sides of the fender, but it's so slight and
non-intrusive. I run these over 700cx38 Compass Barlow Pass tires and they
fit with plenty of room.

I've used several versions of Velo Orange aluminum and stainless fenders
over the years and never had a major problem but mounting them has always
been an intensive DIY affair, that despite my affinity for crafting and
working with my hands, I have not really enjoyed, and I've found them to
need touch-ups regularly to prevent rattling. Unlike these previous
experiences with other aluminum fenders, I've not had any issues at all
with the PB ALX fenders in terms of them being noisy or needing adjustments.

I'd not hesitate to purchase another set of ALX fenders in the future, I
think they look good, the hardware is decent to work with and they appear
to be holding up well. I'd just as soon buy SKS fenders again too if they
looked like the right choice for the bike.

-Jeff
Silver Spring, MD


On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 11:53 PM, Clayton.sf <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> looking for a 50mm fender that offers the most clearance. Usually go with
> sks P50 for that, but just stumbled across the Planet Bike ALX version.
> Does anyone have experience with both? What were your thoughts? I know I
> can fit Honjo 50mm fenders but with 38mm tires clearance is too tight for
> my taste due to rolled edges and deep profile. PBs look shallower so might
> be the ticket.
>
> Many Thanks,
> Clayton Scott
> SF, CA
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "RBW Owners Bunch" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/rbw-owners-bunch.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW 
Owners Bunch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/rbw-owners-bunch.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to