I had several small projects on the workstand this week.  I laced up a
couple new wheels, and did several tire swaps on a few of my bikes.  The
result of the tire swaps left me with a pair of Compass Babyshoe Pass
Extralights that could go in the tire box, or could go on another bike.
So, I decided to deck out my Medium Step-Thru as a stripped down road
racing machine.

Racy Rosco Step Thru
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/45758191@N04/36650803254>

I'm thinking that with some black aluminum fenders and the right front
rack, we'll be totally Rando-Ready.

On my 10x200 challenge, I've been doing shorter rides including all-out
effort intervals.  I'm tracking my progress/fitness by shooting for
Personal Records on all my frequent East Bay Climbs.  Today, I went all-out
for a PR on the climb up Wildcat Canyon.  I felt very good about it, only
to find I accidentally hit the "stop" button on Strava and failed to record
any of my 35 mile jaunt.  We'll never know whether I did a PR or not.  Did
it really happen?  Is Strava equivalent to Pictures?

As it stands, I'm still at 6 bikes.  I should be able to finish up 200
miles on both my Mountain bike as well as the step-thru this week.  That
will leave my double-speed Gunnar and my Rosco Road bike as bike number 9
and 10.  I'm about ready to concede that there is no way I'm getting 200
miles in on my tandem.  There is just not enough willing stokerage going on
in my immediate vicinity. I'm OK with that.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA