With the coming of the new batch of Clems at Riv, I'm reposting this at a
lower price, asking $900.  Local pickup in Sacramento or the SF Bay Area
strongly preferred.

For sale is one 52cm Clem Smith Jr. complete bike with the H-type frame in
green.  This was originally one of the pre-production demo bikes that
Rivendell had for test rides before the first production run.  My wife
bought it as an off-road bike but it ended up being a bit too big for her.
  My sister-in-law tried it for a while and came to the same conclusion, so
time to pass it on.  Full set of pictures here:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskYwHU5D

Because it was a demo bike, it was built up at Rivendell and has a
different and nicer mix of parts than the stock bikes, including:
-FSA Duron sealed bearing headset
-Sugino XD cranks setup as a wide/low double.
-MKS Sneaker Pedals
-The nice cartridge bearing Silver hubs that come on the Appaloosa and Sam
now.
-Shimano CX50 cantilever brakes with the Dia-Compe SS-6 levers.
-Schwalbe Super Moto X tires--light, puffy, fast, dream ride type tires.
 Think Super Moto casing with the Big Ben tread.

We've swapped in a pair of fillet brazed 58cm Bosco Bullmoose bars, from a
special batch that had the bar brazed onto the extensions at a slightly
different angle than the stock ones, so that the ends of the bars angle
down a bit more.  To me, they feel like they put my wrists in a more
natural position.  I'm not sure if Riv ever officially listed them but John
at Rivelo had a pair when I visited last summer and I bought them from him.

My wife also never really liked the "click but not indexed" thumb shifters
that came with it so we swapped in front and rear Shimano Deore index
trigger shifters, as well as a XT front derailleur.  The shifting works
great now.  There is some marking in the paint on the seatube where the
original Claris front derailleur was, since the XT one mounts lower.  I
still have the original shifters if you would prefer those.

Aside from the front derailleur marking, being a test bike the finishing
isn't perfect; their is some cracking on the decals, the right hand one
isn't completely straight, and the headbadge isn't exactly centered.
 However, it does have some nice paint touches that don't come on the
complete bikes: the "wings" on the top of the fork crown are painted white,
the "RBW"s on the headtube rings are filled in white, as well as the
windows on the seat lug.

The Mini Front rack and Sackville bag shown in the pictures are not
included, but I will throw in a pair of Specialized Ground Control Sport
650b x 2.1" knobby tires for off-roading.