Hey, thanks...fluted fenders going on it soonish.  And I will point out
that it's a dyno hub, because we ride a lot in the late afternoons / into
nights, and use it as our going into town for the evening transport (though
we're also starting to split our time between our rural homestead and
Cambridge MA which is such a great biking town].

I will say riding a tandem is a very intimate experience / connection w a
partner [not necessarily a romantic partner, but that is super nice].  And,
ha, my first wife and I did not function well on a tandem, and that was
that; the oft repeated cliche, 'a tandem gets you to where your
relationship is going, just faster' or however it's less awkwardly phrased,
holds true.  Happy to say that my [current, final& last] wife and I have
been happily riding tandems for 20 years now.

My son and i rode tandems for 10 years or so, and those were some great
parent / kid conversation times [bike Friday tandem - for sure another
weird machine / but works so well]