On 10/03/2017 05:31 PM, lum gim fong wrote:
I could see someone weeping about the price of Compass tires.

Well, if they don't fit the budget there are some decent choices at more affordable prices.  I just bought a pair of 700x32C wire bead Paselas for $50 to use on my '63 Jack Taylor this winter.  I'd say they're easily 80% of the performance of a Stampede Pass std casing for less than half the price, and still probably better than any tire that was available for that bike in 27 x 1 1/4" when it was new.

--
Steve Palincsar
Alexandria, Virginia