I don’t understand the warning so often repeated to avoid glueless patches.

I had a rear tube with eight patches, half of which were glueless. The most
recent glueless patch had almost 2000 miles, and the oldest glueless had over
4000 miles. The patches all held up just fine until puncture #9 was too close
to the edge of an existing repair. Yes, it was hard to dispose of that tube.

Maybe glueless patches are indeed “getchahome” repairs for racer types with
120psi. But my experience at 80-85psi has given me confidence that they can
also be a long-term repair.