No specific advice to add to what's below, but I'm in the same boat, having
just picked up frame and cranks from Riv. I brought mine to LBS for
tube/rear BB facing and headset installation, but plan on doing the rest
myself. I'll keep an eye out for your status reports as the thing comes
together.

/Jeremy