Steve, I live in St. Louis.

We lots of nice bike shops, Big Shark, Mesa Cycles, Cursed Bikes. Cursed
Bikes is new and sells coffee, which is an extra perk (no pun intended). I
can't say these shops are especially Riv-ish, which I would tentatively
define as practical, steel-framed bikes used for touring and general
riding, as opposed to racing. There are no Rivendell dealers in St. Louis
that I know of.

There's a small shop in Soulard with, in my humble opinion, and
exceptionally good mechanic -  one Matt LaBerta - he's a great guy who
makes his own frames. I like going to his shop. His shop is really neat,
but not Riv-ish.

In short, if you visit any St. Louis bike shop, don't except a
reincarnation of the Bike Book, and Hatchet. I seldom see another Riv rider
around these parts. Once, I was in Shaw Park fiddling with my Atlantis, and
a nice guy road up on a Sam Hillborne. But he was from San Francisco, just
riding through on a tour.

If you want to know some neat rides around here, tell me and I'll fill you
in. Otherwise, I'll stop typing.