Like Tim, Merino works for me. I wear wool caps down to about 30F, and ski caps
below that. Thicker wool socks in roomier shoes or sandals, and layered wool
clothes. The early RBW wool caps are prone to running dye when you sweat, and
the later ones have thick seams that hurt under a helmet. Walz, Hernandez,
Pace, Randi Jo and others make nice, useable ones.  Layers by Kucharik, Swobo,
Ibex, Icebreaker, Wooly Warm are all good.  I wear wool jerseys and tights over
it all. I buy used stuff a lot to keep costs down.

cap sample:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cycling-cap-4-PANEL-wool-color-Gray-light-one-size-handmade/282458543102?hash=item41c3d753fe:g:lWwAAOSwYHxWQYWi

Base layer:
http://www.icebreaker.com/en/baselayers?gclid=CjwKCAjw-NXPBRB4EiwAVNRLKsUwlIfYDXYyMs-6sYS1XzhYK5JcYKgVfC26e-BOKE753zEh-oLydhoCWDAQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds