My weekend started early, on Friday, with a great ride over the carriage
roads in Minnewaska State Park, outside of New Paltz and part of the
Shawagunks. No camera, but my friend took a shot, looking out toward the
Mohonk House. This would have been the perfect ride for Clementine, but I
have yet to replace the damaged rear rim. This week!

Yesterday I did one of the endless variations of the dirt road riding just
south of Beacon, again on my Homer wannabe. The foliage was not as
blazingly colorful as some other years, but it was a perfect day. Lots of
stone walls, small glacial ponds, and woodsy solitude, along with fantastic
hard pack dirt roads. I passed a ring of log seats where on my last ride, a
group of kid campers was gathered. Now the stumps sat quietly in the leaves
waiting for winter.

Tech notes: After a rear axle break a few weeks back, I put on some wheels
I swapped for at the local shop and decided to try these Soma Supple
Vitesse 700x42 I had around, and they work well, though I think I was
running them with too much air. The Barlow EL are a bit more responsive in
terms of handling, which could be due to any number of factors. But I think
I will put them back on, along with a set of stainless fenders.

I happened to pass an outdoor art exhibit that has been held every year for
many years. I had never been.  It was the last weekend of the show. Here
are some roughly edited shots of the ride and the show.  *
https://photos.app.goo.gl/P6dSNNEm4u2hhOHr1
<https://photos.app.goo.gl/P6dSNNEm4u2hhOHr1>*