Dumb question: I know you checked with Waterford, but did you check with
Rivendell themselves to see who the serial number matches up too? Or maybe
Rivendell themselves sold it initially to a dealer? I just can't imagine
Rivendell does not have a record of the FIRST buyer of the bike at least.

Oh, and your kindness warmed my heart. I told my wife about this, she's not
a bike person at all, and she thinks you are a very excellent person. Major
karma points to you.

Ty