I loved my Pendle. It worked great.
But these bags are kinda frumpy and dumpy looking. They get grotty, too.

But they are great if you just wanna hang a bag somewhere and not use a rack.
From time to time I think about ditching my fenders and front rack and Bertbag
and just hanging a bag off my saddle. I bet that would save a coupla lbs.

 If I remember right my Bertbag GB-25 was heavier than my Carradice. Plus you
need a front rack for a Bertbag and that adds weight. But I like the front bags
for easy access, cleaner look than a Carradice, instant on-off, and excellent
Qsheetability. So function trumps weightism there for me.

But the appeal of a Carrythis Pendle or other model bag is great because you
can just dangle it from anywhere on your bike  you like without need for a
rack. It's a perfect solution with a Brooks saddle that already has strap holes
in the back. I have seen people put them on their bars.