Whelp, this started as a "let's jump on that sale" journey towards a Cheviot
frame at a pre-sale price in a nice Roadini/RBW Blue...then I lost my mind.
Someone on a Roadini thread mentioned getting a custom color and I thought,
HEY! So I chatted with Will @ Riv and determined I could get anything I wanted
(that fit the bike/decals) from Rick at D&D. I pondered on this a while and
looked at a lot of colors on the internets and decided a Candy Apple Red
Cheviot would be the cat's pajamas. Now my pre-sale bargain Chev is..not such a
bargain! Oops ;-)

It's going to be just gorgeous with the cream contrasts, and is sort of my shot
at a poor man's custom 'cause I know I'll never buy (or need) a true custom.
It's also a bit of an homage to the Jimmy Carter bike. His was an Atlantis and
a different shade of red, but that bike is what got me thinking about a red Riv
the other night. I can't wait!

https://www.google.com/search?q=jimmy+carter+rivendell+bike&oq=jimmy+carter+bik&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l3.16939j0j7&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=vzkGNutcbKY_9M: