The tires in this photos are Clement Xplor 40s, I've had Compass 38s, which
will also permit fenders easily, and right now it has 42 Somas. With
releases at the cable hanger and also at the lever, no need to deflate even
the biggest tires. I really like the vintage Dia Compe/Weinmann, and I find
that even the 750 gives plenty of well-modulated stopping power. I think
that is the 610, which I
switched to a Weinmann 750 because it just barely reached, and as pads wear
on the cps, they go up...

In any event, I guess cantis could be a nice option, as well as the two
water bottle mounts, but for most users I think the way it was spec'd is
right on.