If you are planning to go to Furnace Creek area, then:
Consider the dirt road into Echo Canyon. Entrance is not far from Furnace
Creek. Echo Canyon gives you near zero car traffic, very interesting canyon
views, and a mine about 9 miles. If you are setup to bike/camp, there are
places not far from the mine where camping is allowed. No water on this
route, so you may want to cache water, or carry a lot of water.