On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 10:48 AM, JoelMatthews <joelmatth...@mac.com> wrote:
>> Those who design bicycles would be urged to consider customers like
>> myself, recognize that TCO is an offense (however significant), and
>> deal with it proactively, either by eliminating it, or acknowledging
>> that it is a necessary evil (however significant) to be tolerated.
>
> Isn't that what Grant says in his post?

He said: "TCO ends up being a problem---in my opinion---only in
theoretics, but not in practice."

For me, TCO is a problem in practice. I don't mind hearing that the
desire for no TCO has to be balanced with other design considerations.
I do mind hearing that what is an actual problem for me is not an
actual problem for me.

--
-- Anne Paulson

He who wills the ends wills the means