I ride in a pair of SPD shoes with recessed cleats that are good to
walk in, but I agree about off the bike
clothing. I take a pair of long Exofficio pants that are 0.6lbs and my
smartwool long sleeve T-shirts
look fine off the bike. I also have a long sleeve buttoned shirt.
Shoes are an issue, but I've found
that rubber soled Tai-Chi/Kung fu shoes are good for off the bike
activities and going to the shower
blocks.