I like 38-42mm wide 650b for safety reasons.

I have fallen and been injured when using skinnier tires that got hung up in
longitudinal road and sidewalk cracks. The wide 38-42 tires dont get caught on
the cracks .They roll over.
Would have to be pretty wide for them to get stuck in a crack. More safety fir
me.
Plus, they can be run at lower pressures and that helps tires up and over lips
between asphalt and concrete gutter, instead of a 120psi tire not rolling up
over tge lip and staying on asphalt while the bike dumps you over. Not that one
should be riding this way but sometimes you find yourself among these road
hazards.