Every trainer, bike, rider and manner of use creates its own situation. I
used one to rehab a leg before I could walk or ride for real.

I found the stench from the rear tire friction on the resistance roller
contributed to shortening my sessions. I was nothing near a board track
pursuit rider making my frame seem liquid in response to the waves of input
from my physical awesomeness, but I did pour sweat which I addressed with
rags and towels to keep off the hardware and floor.

I took it outside in cooler weather to mitigate the sweat and reduce the
irritation of others at home since that thing with its fan resistance was
loud.

I wouldn't go so far as to attach the demise of that bike frame ('86
RockHopper) with my use in that trainer, but it tore a chain stay with a
crack emanating from the margin of the bridge weld that progressed its way
in a spiral around the stay. No phase of my riding on that bike before
failure was anything near what would have been challenging to its
construction.

Late (after I could walk and ride again) I got some Tacx 4" rollers for my
indoor sessions. I found the response of the bike to my pedaling input more
realistic and mentally engaging. After a while I upgraded to an early
NiteRider headlight and red blinkie tail light. Much happier for my
situation.

Hope all the input helps you reach the best outcome for your situation
Jonathan.

Andy Cheatham
Pittsburgh