So I'm trying to piece together my 2-speed Cheviot and I've run into a problem.
I'm using a Sugino double-plus-guard and a singlespeed cog on the rear, which
is advertised as compatible with 3/32" chains. I bought a 9-speed chain with
the thinking that I can convert to a 9-speed derailer drivetrain later if I
feel like it, but it's a very tight fit on the rear cog. I thought 8- and
9-speed chains had the same inner width, it was just the outsides that had been
thinned on 9..was I wrong? Do 8-speed chains fit thicker cogs?