I also have a set of trekking bars in the bin. I think they are Nashbar
branded. I did several unsupported tours with them on my Bike Friday so they
worked but I could never get them out of the “ok” range and into the “works
well” range. It always felt like the low part was where the high part should be
and the high part was where the low part should be. The hand positions are
almost the opposite of Alba’s. That said, people love this type of bars and
I’ve seen and talked to so many people (mostly Europeans) who can’t say enough
good things about them. I would gladly pass them along to anyone who is
interested in trying them.

Cheers!
Chris