On 01/15/2018 07:47 AM, ascpgh wrote:
 Honjo fenders are free of any holes so installation preference can allow for higher curb clearance by the front one.

Sometimes.  Not always.  These days many are coming with the under-fork-indent already in place (the ones I got from Ben's Cycle for my Jack Taylor came that way) and every now and then you even find some with the holes for the fender stays already drilled.

Berthoud fenders, while not prepped for the stay hardware, are drilled and indented for the fork crown (a bigger deal than it seems), dictating how far back the tail of the fender will be if concerned for curb drop contact.

I mounted my Honjos (105 cm on front) critical of the forward coverage being enough to eliminate any upward or forward wheel spray. My previous set's front was a bit short there and I was getting wet/dirty from front wheel spray blowing back on me.  Now front wheel spray remains more contained, drains more effectively and an adequate mudflap completes the rear protection to my preference.

If I ride off a curb I angle my wheel path as I near the edge and turn the front wheel a few degrees more once the wheel is on the street. It gives a smudge of clearance to prevent that contact of the back of the fender.

Andy Cheatham
Pittsburgh

--
Steve Palincsar