I just mounted some (similar) Suntour XC thumb shifters today on the Rosco
Bubbe step-through I'm building up. I'd tried the Sunrace one-at-a-time
that Rivendell sell, and just didn't like the right shifter - to avoid
slippage, it had to be cranked down so tight that it wasn't fun to shift.
The Suntour is a lot smoother and feels great. They don't allow quite as
much adjustment of exit angle as the Sunrace, but it's enough. I'd buy new
clones if available. I hadn't expected to go all friction on this bike, but
it may just work out that way.