yes, prices went up for a lot of one-man shops as well. most full-time
custom builders are starting at $3000-3300.

i do realize that there are builders that can offer it for less than that,
but usually they have other streams of income other than building customs,
or are not full time, or do not build with high end steel, or have much
less experience, etc. etc. even then, a lot of their prices went up as well.

material cost is going up, and it seems to have coincided with true temper
pulling itself out of the bicycle tube market and refocusing on gold club
market. i doubt labor price is going up much (if at all) for custom
builders in the US.