I don't exactly know my PBH, but my saddle is usually set around 74, so I
can infer that I'm a centimeter or two shy of 87.  I' am five ten. I am
very happy with this size for me, although recently having spent some time
on my friend's 55cm Cheviot, I would go 59 with that bike. I would think it
depends a little on her riding style, but I would say definitely moving
more into the 59 camp with 87-88. Consider the smaller size if the bike
will be portaged up and down stairs frequently or the smaller wheel size is
appealing for slightly more nimble handling (not a fan of 700c tires much
over 40mm)--both were factors in my decision. Those are the only real
issues since standover is eliminated and the Boscos go back lots. I
imagine the incredible wheelbase of the 59  is even more Caddy plush, and I
imagine Riv is leaning heavily this way, and I would go with their
recommendation without hesitation (whatever it might be), as they have so
much experience and so many data points.  Good luck. I suspect either way
she is going to love the ride of this bicycle. It is a true pleasure.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-iyYMkgkhgfc/WnaHlld3owI/AAAAAAAAKZU/C87AUdAkNeAEkW2ZFGs1xMSs2Qcfo5VpgCLcBGAs/s1600/clem%2Bsaddle%2Bheight.JPG>

With the 52, her saddle will likely be set a good inch higher than mine
here.