I am going to rest my case {sustained applause} but I do want to clarify,
the main tenet  of my position has little to do with the efficacy of the
technology or the ease of setup, at least not in the conventional sense. I
had disc brakes on several cargo bikes and, briefly, a folder that came my
way. They worked okay, if a bit noisy. I am sure I could learn to work on
them. I have already used more than my allotted space on this and other
threads trying to explain my reasoning for  not being enamored of disc
brakes for basic, single rider non extreme bicycles. By the  way, like
jumbo shrimp, electric bicycle is an oxymoron;^]

Anyway, there is no doubt discs are here to stay, and have infiltrated
virtually every segment of the bicycle market. Which makes pining for a
disc braked Rivendell a little weird, since you can already get one
virtually any place else you care to go. I get that some think it will help
the company economically,  but I kinda don't see it having that much impact.